From: marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Home school for dyslexic students - programming
To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 7:31 PM

I think it would be possible because the issue with dyslexia is that the brain does not convert symbols to sounds.  It is an auditory problem. Usually a dyslexic brain will have not problems converting symbols such as numbers to physical quantities, or symbols such as music notes to keys on the piano and durations.  In programming often times the symbols do not so much represent sounds as they do commands.  Is that right?
If programming instruction was on a video, I think many dyslexic kids could do it.

###