Re: [school-discuss] Dyslexia and Programming

Scratch.  Looks great.  And a seven year old can do it?  Wow.

Article about Microsoft dude?   IMO Microsoft is the reason we don't turn out tech savvy kids.  There was a big difference between my students who used DOS/modems/bulletin boards in the early 90s and ten years later when they were the Windows generation.  Windows successfully dumbed them down.  Introducing students to Linux brought many of them back to life.  Smart phones and tablets are fun, but require even less technical prowess.

Thanks for telling me about Scratch!

marilyn