Re: [school-discuss] looking for open source technology to write about it.

Title: Email Signagture
Thanks for the contribution, Marc. You make some good points. While working on my book, I was thinking of the Third World, more so than the United States. In this country, people can afford to spend (waste?) their money on proprietary technology. People in the Third World (mostly) don't have this luxury, which, considering the direction the U.S. seems to be headed with proprietary technology, will be to their advantage as the rest of the world turns to open source. I am not a software developer, so I do this as the next best thing. I feel that my hands are tied in regards to the development of open source, but the more people, especially young people, who become involved with it, the faster open source will grow.

Christopher Whittum
M.Ed. Learning and Technology
Energize Education through Open Source
CDW Web Design