Re: [school-discuss] ACM cirricula guideline review period

Dan Kegel wrote:
> http://sites.computer.org/ccse/
>
> "The CCSE steering committee invites you to perform an
> evaluation of the first draft of the SEEK (the body of
> Software Engineering Education Knowledge). The period of
> solicitation for external reviews ends on September 30, 2002
> (time is of the essence!). We wish to thank you in advance
> for your willingness to participate."
>
> The draft currently doesn't mention Open Source development models.
> Teachers of computer science or related fields may
> wish to have a look at their draft to see if perhaps
> they can suggest ways to work the issues raised by
> "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" into this document.
> - Dan

I'm not sure Open Source development models will ever find their way
into or are needed in the SEEK document.  The document does not appear
to mention specific development models, but define techniques which when
combined, or left out, may be used within various development models.
Not appearing in this SEEK document does not mean that content from the
Cathedral and Bazarr and related software philosophy documents may not
get a mention within the lecture of a Software Engineering course while
surveying techniques, software quality, and software life cycles.

Thats my 2 cents.

- cameron

--
- cameron miller