Re: [school-discuss] request for texts

Take this bit of reflection or leave it: I read the Principia in junior math
at St. John's College in Annapolis, Maryland. I am not a mathematician, but
the book is required reading. My memory of it is that it could be used as a
source and broken into digestible bits for average to bright younger students.
It is fascinating, if nothing else, for the discovery of infinitesimal
calculus, so could provide good historical background and demonstration of
real mathematical proofs. Any more than pieces would be difficult for all but
the most motivated of students except with a great tutor.

David

--
http://www.iteachnet.org
http://members.iteachnet.org/webzine - International Education Daily