Re: [school-discuss] 45 Minutes to a Linux Terminal Server

Doug Loss wrote:

http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/setupltsp.shtml

This looks like a good how-to for beginners in setting up K12LTSP. Paul Nelson, could you read it and critique it for us?

Doug

Yup, it really is that simple. The only correction I'd make is to note that K12LTSP 4.4.1 is out and it's based on the latest Fedora Core 4 and the latest LTSP packages (4.1).

In my experience, one of the best things about K12LTSP is the way it creates a subnet on the second card and provides dhcp for the thin-clients and other workstations. This makes it very easy to plug into an existing network which is connected via the first ethernet card.

;-) Paul

Paul Nelson.............................. pnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Riverdale High.......... 9727 SW Terwilliger Blvd. Portland, OR 97219
(503)892-0722......fax(503)892-0723................ http://pnelson.us