Re: [school-discuss] Math practice?

Le jeudi 31 août 2006 à 11:47 -0400, Doug Loss a écrit :
> William Fragakis wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Our K-5 school would love to find a FOSS equivalent to applications that
> > test math facts and track student progress. We presently use a
> > proprietary application, Accelerated Math, that is quite cumbersome
> > (and, imho, poorly implemented). Its virtue is that it produces exams
> > based on previous student performance and penalizes guessing. It has not
> > provided us with good value for the money.
>
> What about gCompris?  http://gcompris.net/-About-GCompris-  I have no
> doubt it can do the testing.  I don't know about the progress tracking.
> But I do know that Bruno is very helpful.  If there isn't already a
> module for gCompris to do what you want I'm sure one can be developed
> fairly easily.

So far, we have a raw log of every success/failure in GCompris. It is
saved in the home directory of the user running GCompris under:
~/.gcompris/gcompris.log

We still have the plan to provide a user interface on top of it. It
would be very nice to have it in the administration side. A
complementary approach is to display a specific icon beside each
activity to get a real time feedback on the level of accomplishment.

Sadly, for now, nobody does work on it. This is not that hard, we have
all the data there waiting for someone to code it ;)

You can see some screenshots of the administration side here:
http://fynl.free.fr/dotclear/index.php?2005/09/02/70-gcompris-version-700pre1

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids