[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[school-discuss] Audio Webcast Interview This Week: Larry Cuban, author of "Oversold and Underused"
- To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn@xxxxxxxxxx>, schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [school-discuss] Audio Webcast Interview This Week: Larry Cuban, author of "Oversold and Underused"
- From: "Steve Hargadon" <steve.hargadon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:26:22 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:26:32 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=roKY85c7K3L1V2LPUjJSkTxajXEGB2wST+gUmQibFWns9m+HLCoI3VY4Gn/gGyXCXEsuwyVOL5U7OvmgtjQ6uLHkg6VN+U7sZnI5DZv8HZOBy/QjveKOZXMzRNVi3wQ57p/t5+JwhrQv1l5oHTke10lDkG1L7fsjWiDvMH7bz1k=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This Thursday evening (September 7), I'll be interviewing Larry Cuban,
emeritus professor of education at Stanford, and author of "Oversold
and Underused: Computers in the Classroom." The interview will start
at 5:00 pm PDT, will be be one hour long, and will be webcast live
with a question and answer session at the end.
Links to the webcast and the concurrent chatroom are available at
http://edtechlive.wikispaces.com/Upcoming+Interviews. You can also
see details on upcoming interviews on Open Office (Solveig Haugland &
Ben Horst), Open Source Software in Education (Eric S. Raymond & Doc
Searls), and Open Source licensing (Ruth Lutes & Ragavan Srinivasan
Recordings of the interview (.mp3 and .ogg) with Prof. Cuban will be
available the next day. Recent interviews recordings are available at
http://edtechlive.wikispaces.com/Recordings+List. Included are:
* Victoria Davis and Adam Frey on "Wikis--What Are They, and Why Use
Them in Education?"
* Michelle Moore on "Moodle: An Open Source Learning Management System"
* Mike Huffman and Laura Taylor on "Indiana's ACCESS Program:
Affordable Classroom Computers for Every Secondary Student"
* Daniel Howard and William Fragakis on Atlanta Public Schools' Linux
Thin Client Project
* Jim McQuillan and Eric Harrison on LTSP, K12LTSP, and Linux Thin
Client for Schools
* Dr. David Thornburg on "Free and Open Source Software in Education"
www.SteveHargadon.com - (Blog on Educational Technology)
www.K12Computers.com - (Refurbished Dell Optiplexes for Schools)
www.TechnologyRescue.com - (Linux Thin Client Solutions)
www.LiveKiosk.com - (Web Access and Content Delivery Solutions)
www.PublicWebStations.com - (Disaster & Shelter WebStation Software)
www.K12OpenSource.com (Public Wiki)
www.SupportBlogging.com (Public Wiki)