Re: [school-discuss] math/science Linux desktop

On 9/10/07, Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since music was mentioned, Audacity
> should definitely be in there.
>
> Math stuff: C.a.R, KSEG, GeoGebra, Scratch,
> SurfX3D, VPython, PyGeo, Squeak, Xaos, and
> one or more of the FLOSS versions of LOGO.
>
> That ought to keep the students busy for
> at least a little while. :-)
>
> Joel

computer allgebra::
● PARII//Gp (http://parii.math.u-bordeaux.fr)
● Maxima (http://maxiima.sourceforge.net)
geometry
● Dr.. Geo (http://www.ofset.org/drgeo)
● Kig (http:://edu.kde.org//kig)
● GeoGebra (http://www.geogebra.at)
plotting
● Kmplot (http://edu.kde.org//kmplot)
● Gnuplot (http://www.gnuplot.info)
numerical calculus
● Sciillab (http://www.scilab.org)
● Octave (http://www.octave.org)
? Statistics:: R (http://www.r-project.org)
? Editor for math
(http://www.texmacs.org).
and lots more

BTW: i am currently setting a group of lectures about FLOSS for high
school teachers who are eager to get in touch with Linux & C.

i'll keep you updated with my efforts and especially i'll post the
preliminary program to receive comments/suggestions

--
roberto
OS: GNU/Linux, Debian