Re: [school-discuss] Linux LiveCD Distribution

   the value in what Chris Topher has described, as I
see it, is the "live" CD or DVD and the fact that it's
modifiable by the users.
   The benefits are that
* the "live" CD or DVD can be used on any computer
that boots from the drive (and has the appropriate
CPU-motherboard systems) without wiping out
whatever is on that computer's hard drive
* teachers can customize the product offering to
their class and school needs
* the work teachers do can be submitted to the central
builders to allow local work to be exposed to the entire
world.