Re: [school-discuss] maps and open source

At Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:56:18 +0200,
roberto wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Casey Adams <jcaseyadams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You might try this:
> >  http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page  I am not sure if
> > it fits your definition of concept mapping.  Thanks.
> thanks for sharing your ideas
>
> i think your suggestions are more likely related to mind mapping,
> while i am interested in
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_mapping
>
> which is a different concept

I didn't see the start of this discussion, so maybe it was already
mentioned:

http://cmap.ihmc.us/conceptmap.html

not open source, only pre-compiled versions available for download.

compendium is FLOSS:

http://compendium.open.ac.uk/institute/download/download.htm

there is also conzilla, though development seems to have ended

http://www.conzilla.org/wiki/Overview/Main

protege-owl is maybe a bit heavyweight?

http://protege.stanford.edu/

I have briefly looked at each of these in the past, but not of them
really grew on me. Maybe if I revisit them...

Best,

Marko