Re: Configuration Tool(s)

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Nick Mathewson wrote:

> Hmm... I'm looking at COAS (at http://www.coas.org/), and liking what
> I see (from the developer's point of view).

I checked out the website.  I REALLY don't like the fact that it's being
run by Caldera.  It's the Caldera Open Administration System.  It'll
probably be tailored to Caldera's dist, not ours.  There will, of course,
be important differences between our dist and Caldera's.  Linuxconf would
be willing to go either way.  Also, it seems that I grepped from what they
have on the website that COAS is intended as a REPLACEMENT for text config
files?  That would be a Bad Thing(tm).  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
             A feature is a bug with seniority.