Re: Educational software and games

Douglas Loss wrote:

> You know, since much of the commercial educational software (like Oregon
> Trail and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?) is essentially game
> software with different goals than standard games, should we try to
> enlist the help of the various Linux game programming groups here?
> Would the PlayPenguin Project (I may have gotten the name wrong) be a
> good place to start?

Yes.  I have found that with Linux programers tend to gravitate to what
they consider fun.  That is of course fine until you have 300 people
working on a 3D chess game and nobody doing an X Based typing tutor.
However since there is no money involved the programing people tend to
be
very responsive.  I.e. Identify a gap in the software pool and do so
publicly and pretty soon someone will fill it.  I.e. There are now 3
projects ( at least ) writing an edit.com clone for the Linux console.
--
"Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."