Re: The Distribution

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> > you do have to admit that George came from the debian list to seul.  His
> > insistence on debian being the only way to go and his association with
> > the debian list
> It is not *his* insistence upon using Debian.  It's *mine*.  I feel very
> strongly (given what I know now) that Debian is the right way to go.  This
> must have "rubbed off on him" somewhat :-)

I am not insisting ... it is just that 1) I happen to know debian better
than other distros at this point and 2) I am assuming that many here are
unfamilliar with it and I am pointing out features of it.  I am sorry if I
sound evangelical, I want to be educational to the extent that I can be.

If SEUL was going to be Red Hat based, I would probably have simply
watched from the edges because I am not as familliar with it and some
things have been said recently from some Red Hat people that have struck
me the wrong way.  I think they are on the wrong track.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org