Re: The Distribution

Rick Jones wrote:
[...]
> I've seen a lot of bitching about the dist being nothing but talk, but
> I've posted several messages concerning the main and installation GUI's
> and got one response.

Sorry, I guess I was asleep :O)

> I don't want to get halfway finished with either
> or both pkgs and then get bombarded with objections, comments,
> recomendations, etc.
>
> I am going to post last call for comments on making WM2 the initial
> install GUI.  After that I will close it and start building the core and
> base pkgs for it.

I think it's fine to start with that.  But we should stay free
to change our mind when more information become available.
In the case of the WM I don't even think picking another
one will cause any trouble besides configuring the new one
so it suits our requirement.  IMO it's important to decide
when exactly we want the GUI to step in, too.  And how
should installation work ?  What questions must be asked ?
What exactly can be probed ? etc.  It's cool that you start
with the gui packages now, but it's probably a good idea
to pick some directotion for the other aspects as well to
know where the whole thing is likely to be going :°)

kai