Re: The Distribution

> He has a valid point here, I think.  Reguardless of Debians next
> version, we should be getting Linux core together.  Linux core is
> independant of the dist anyway.
It's based on Debian.  We do not have the time nor the resources to start
from scratch, as some have suggested, for SEUL, nor can we for the Core.
The plan is to be Debian based from the Core up, eventually to integrate
with Debian as much as is possible given each distrib's goals.

> We should examine hamm when it comes
> out for possible ideas to add to Linux core, but the ability to begin
> putting it together exists now and should begin.
Not necessarily.  George is waiting for the boot disks to be ready for a
very good reason.  If he were to start from bo-stable, he'd have a nice,
outdated, obsolete libc5 system.  He's starting with hamm, so he's getting
a glibc2 system right away.  His initial goal is to get a complete custom
system installed, which *requires* boot disks.  Therefore, he is waiting
(not very long, I don't think) for the initial 2.0 boot disks to become
available.

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user