Re: The Distribution

Gregory Bell wrote:

>   True but unless things have changed, SEUL is not aimed at the millions of PC's
> outthere.  The target audience is, if memory serves the user that is currently
> running windows95
> and wants to try something different (for what ever reason).  Again point to at least
> a 486
> computer

SEUL is not aimed at any PC.  It's aimed at a user.  That user can be
using an old VGA monitor or the top of the line monitor out there
today.  Therefore the safest bet, if the probing stage can't determine
it, is to use a vanilla VGA setup to begin with.

>   And in those three days none other than yourself has said I can't continue UNTIL
> the nextversion of debian comes out.  And we know who your associations are with.

He has a valid point here, I think.  Reguardless of Debians next
version, we should be getting Linux core together.  Linux core is
independant of the dist anyway.  We should examine hamm when it comes
out for possible ideas to add to Linux core, but the ability to begin
putting it together exists now and should begin.

>  Hummm I was never asked about this, neither was at least one other person thatI have
> had contact with.  For all intents and purposes you are attempting to push
> Debian down the throats of everyone on the SEUL list.

Omega has said that Debian is going to be the building block/ reference
material for SEUL.