Re: SEUL: GUI layer.

Rick Jones wrote:

> All:
>
> Unless there is somebody already working on it, I would be happy to take
> on the task of putting together the base GUI layer to add to the core
> George is working on.

I assume since there have been no objections, that I can begin puting
the GUI layer together.

George: Can you send me any core conclusions you may have made important
to the GUI?

I am currently concidering three managers for the primary interface:

	FVWM2 - Due to popularity and versitility. (Not FVWM95
www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/)

	WindowMaker - Much more user friendly and attractive.
(www.windowmaker.org)

	Afterstep - Much like WM but consumes fewer resources.
(www.afterstep.org)

Windowmaker and Afterstep are more configureable than FVWM, but I think
the disk space and resouce requirements should be examined as well as
functionality.

There is the possibility of using a small stripped window manager for
installation which is replaced when installation is complete.

Comments?