Re: The Distribution

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Kai Wetzel wrote:

> I think it depends on whether we want to try to fit
> kernel + X + wm on one disk or whether we want to

It doesn't matter, you can't try to fit that.  The smallest X server is
just slightly over 3MB.  A small kernel is 300K, not counting modules and
things like bash and init.  You absolutely, no way, no how can fit X, and
the kernel, onto one disk.  You can't even fit X by itself onto one disk.
The only option is to load the X server from the CD.  This is what Win95
does, and it's the best you can do when your server is 3MB.