Re: screendump

(When replying to the list PLEASE don't Cc me)

George Bonser wrote:
> I have made a screendump of Debian's default fvwm2 with an xterm and fvwm
> buttons.  The only change from the default is the one config line that I
> mentioned the other night.  If it looks grainy with your browser,
> right-click on it, save it, and use XV to view it.  Netscape dithering
> sucks.
>
> http://www.shorelink.com/fvwm2.gif

Besides that I'm not sure fvwm2 would be agood choice
for an end-user setup, some improvements you could
check out:
- try bg color R: 116 G: 121 B:156 (/256)
  maybe there is a similar color in the "database".
- the GoodStuff buttons look ugly IMO.  How
  about a "conservative" grey75 ?
- Maybe having two titled windows would show
  the difference between focus/non-focus more
  clearly.  I'd say the xterm frame is too dark.
  some good color are IMHO grey75, grey90 and
  a friendly yellow-orange like BeOS has on some
  snapshots.  (Basically a full yellow which approaches
  red just a little bit)
- I don't know whether a pager is good for newbies at all,
  but if it is, I think a 3x2 pager would be easier to
  handle (and the individual tiny desktops would become
  higher.

kai