Re: The Kernel

Þann 21-Jan-98 skrifar George Bonser:

> We gain nothing by trying to dictate to Red Hat or Caldera how they should
> build their distribution.  The SEUL distribution will follow Debian's
> model. If we play our cards right, remain patient, and do the right thing,
> we will succeed and eventually, as time goes by, the differences between
> us will diminish.

  Good point.

  What is the status of GUI tools? Like a 'user manager' and a X GUI tool to
browse packages?  The reason I ask, is that I have a 'user manager' and have
already designed a method to translate the 'mbox' style database that debian
uses into a database table on the fly, and have been nurturing the idea of
buiding such a GUI tool?

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194