Re: The Core and the Kernel

   > Only problem is, parallel Zips are slow as molassas.  But with an
   > internal or SCSI it should be usable.

   I agree it's slow.  I rarely use it because of this reason.
   Howver, the good point is that it's possible to put a zip-drive
   and the medium in a bag and show Linux to people at their
   own boxes (with either 24MB of RAM or a dos partition with
   some free space for a temporar swap file.)
   (I've heard it's significantly faster if used with an ext2 fs ?)

Parallel Zips go over 350K/s in 2.1 kernels.  Hope 2.2 will be here by
that time

   > Other question:  Is this really a goal of SEUL?  I think it would be
   > great...but would end users use it?

   I don't think it's a main point for SEUL.  But SEUL could
   be put on a Zip medium.  It's mainly for people who want
   to show SEUL (GNU/Linux in general) to other people I think.

Zips are pretty expensive and small compared to CDs.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez