Admin tools

You may (or may not!) be interested, but I have written a tool ala HPUX
SAM, AIX SMIT, etc. Whilst it does not cover everything (yet!), it is
available through GPL. Selling points: Easy add user facililty; (Simple)
primary DNS editor; Easy HOWTO viewer; network configuration interface;
kernel builder; system log manager and monitor. The tool is a set of
bash shell scripts - hence the name LASS: Linux Administration Shell
Scripts.

I must be honest it is still in alpha, and I have been too busy to post
it to one of the Linux distribution sites. There is quite a large amount
of documentation with it, but it could always do with more.

If anyone is interested I can post the tgz file (it is a slackware
package) to this list (the file is not very large 84k uuencoded), or if
you prefer, I can send it to individuals. Put it this way, if I get many
requests to post to the list, I will...

Just to reiterate: if anyone is wondering about licences, its GPL!

Phil Berry
pb1@bolton.ac.uk