Re: SEUL: Re: What's the diff to SEUL ? (fwd)

jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:
> If you wan't SEUL to be a failure then the shotest path is trying to
> target people like this in the first edition.  To begin with Linux
> does not have appication software for him.
>
> Do a SEUL significantly easier than any present distribution.  Haviong
> an easier Linux will attract people less computer oriented than
> previous Linux users.  Then the change in compostion of the Linux
> population will incite both commercial ("there is a market for easy
> programs") and free developpers to make user friendlier software.
> Then using that software you can be more ambitious in SEUL2.  Ans so
> use the snowball effect until Linux is no longer for IQs higher than
> 95 but can be used by morons too.  :-)

Look.  The botom line is that everyone doesn't have a CDROM.  I ran
Linux for over a year without a CDROM.  I was able to do that because
installation was available in floppy images, when I went from making my
own to a distribution.

The target of this dis' is those morons, as you put it.  If you've been
following these lists you saw that apps are in development for the
office, if that is what you were refering to, and God knows there are
plenty of games, which is what the guy was looking at to begin with.

There are very experienced users out there that don't have a CDROM
because the upgrade what they have.  It's inevidable that they will have
to get a CDROM, as I did, but some think they can hold out until the
next generation, dvd able, CDROM's are reasonably priced, since current
CDROM's are going to be obsolete in the near future.

To make a dis' that is dependant on a user 1) getting the dis' on CDROM
2) having a CDROM is not wise.  How is it to be archived?  Every dis'
out there, most anyway, can be completely installed from the inernet.
You want to eliminate that availability to make it easier on *us*
instead of the user?

If I'm missunderstanding you, let me know.