Re: Help topics / task help

On Sun, 05 Apr 1998, David Cary wrote:
>I just now put a really quick-and-dirty page online at
>  http://www.ionet.net/~caryd_osu/david/task_help.html

Now I have not had a chance to see the list David put up, but I have
toyed around with some (very) basic task files. The files are written
for KDE (since that is what I have as a desktop currently (checking
out the help system)).

Do these files match with the view people had on what task files should
be? Are they too simple or small? Any comments?

I was aiming for simplicity and something that was easy to look at and
read.

The URL is
  http://www.globalserve.net/~twoducks/task-help/kde/

Note that the first page is NOT one of the help files, but just an easy way to
get to them.

I gave the files the following sections

1. Title - short and to the point
2. Description - a more detailed (one line) description of the action
3. A set of steps to perform the action
4. An optional caution (depending on the task)

Another useful section may be

5. Related tasks

Ken