Re: Alternate applications

Two Ducks wrote:

> Problem is, what if we have a task-help that says the following (please
> forgive the KDE references but that's what I am using currently)

No offense to anyone on the list but from the point of view of the
end users I know.  KDE is the closest thing to what we are trying to
achieve.  Electric borders drive them crazy for a while of course but
they can be disabled in a menu.
> ------------
> Reading email

Nahh.  Better to keep giving him the KDe solution for reading email
then give him the Netscape solution for "reading email with netscape".
Remember we still have to assume the user makes at least partially
informed
decisions.  Meaning if she downloads Netscape she wants to use it for
some stuff.  If Mail is one of those things then the Netscape help we
install will say how.  but it won't interfere with the other mail
instructions for KMail, Gmail or whatever.

--
Through the the Firewall, out the ruter, down the T1, bounced from
satellite.  ... Nothing but net.