Re: alternate applications

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
<snip>
>> Reading email
>
>The problem is that your heading is incorrect (or incomplete)
> It should read something like
>
>task help -> KDE -> reading email
>
>Or "reading email with KDE"

My concern is that there may be some users who will not understand
what KDE, or GNOME, or whatever is. They just want to read email

>It's important that you don't propose you're instructions as a be
>all and end all of how to do a task. For example, there are lots
>of ways to read mail, there's no "one way" to do it. The instructions
>need to be placed in the appropriate context to make sense.

I suppose this might be fine. As long as the help files are written well
this might not be a problem. The layout of the system will be much more
important in this case.

Ken