office software

I've started to add some links to this "task_help" file
  http://www.ionet.net/~caryd_osu/david/html/task_help.html
to "productivity software". (Does http://www.seul.org/ have a link to this ?)

I've been told that Corel WordPerfect for Linux can import MS Word documents.

Is there any free software that can import MS Word native format documents
? I haven't searched, but I know one person that keep documents in rich
text format ".rtf", which seems to be a relatively neutral format that many
word processors (including MS Word) can import and export.

Any better ideas ? Maybe I need to add sections "How to read various
document formats" and "How can I create documents that people who use X can
read".

--
David Cary "mailto:d.cary@ieee.org" "icbmto:N36 08.830' W97 03.443'"
  http://www.rdrop.com/~cary/