[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Shutdown process from login prompt
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 15-Feb-98 Erik Walthinsen wrote:
- -> I think a properly built login process, using XDM (hacked or not) and/or
- -> other programs, would allow everything needed, including secure but freely
- -> available reboot and shutdown functions, plus the security of disallowing
- -> these functions if the (non root) user trying them isn't the only person
- -> using the machine.
- -> Someone here should attempt to build just such a system. Rather than
- -> discussing it without any experience or facts to back things up, let's get
- -> someone building it, and see how feasible it is. Discussion alone builds
- -> a
- -> house of cards.
I'll do it. I've been fine-tuning XDM anyway.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----