Re: Using Expect with passwd

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 11:27:32PM +0800, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> I have a problem with a script, can someone help ?

> I call it setpasswd and then I can do "setpasswd teo 21refs" to set
> 21refs as the password of user teo.
> But strangely this script work randomly, some time it works fine but
> some time it doesn't, it may do the first pass then hang for few seconds
> then go back to the shell.

Are you sure you are using proper passwords?  by default my version of passwd
does not accept anything other than a mixture of lower and upper case and
numbers or punctuation;  so your example would not work; not complex enough
for a password.  Perhaps if you use pwgen 7 to generate an acceptable
password, you would get 100% success.

Bruno