Re: [seul-edu] Fwd: Three interesting websites........

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 09:35:29AM +0200, Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:
> How do you know what the back-end engine is?

it says so right on his main webpage :-)

> I assume they figured out how to connect the 2 anyway,
> so I  don't know how illegal it is.  The program stays
> on their computer, we just sumbit the question and it
> sends an answer back.

technically, he probably pipes a textarea value through a script that pipes
a mathematica script through mathematica and outputs the result back.  This
is not the hard part.  The hard part is making sure this is solidly legal so
that we can base our educational courses on it without fear of reprimand :-)

Any (commercial) program with a command line input (or stdin for piping) and
text output can be turned into a cgi.  That does not make it legal to do so.

> It doesn't seem illegal, but I am no lawyer.

neither am I, but I do know that mathematica has been available online for
years at the local university here with restrictions such that I can't use it.

Bruno