Re: [seul-edu] Teaching Language Software

Does anyone have any contacts at any language
institutes?

Especially ones that use computers to teach languages --
I don't mean ones where the administration says they use
a program -- I mean a program that the instructors use!
I have to mention that because one of our administrators
touts occasionally that we use a language program, but
no one uses it because they don't like it and don't find
it effective.

<grip>
I'm not at all against using computers to teach, but I
wish administrators wouldn't make decisions and
advertise and spend lots of money that no one will use.
I find this worse than not using Linux. ;-)
</grip>

Quoting white129@ms7.hinet.net:

> Most are very poor. There must be something out there.
Both the
> US and the Russian Language institutes used computers
in their
> classes. Anyone know how to find out what they did?
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>