Re: [seul-edu] Hello from Crosswords for Linux maintainer

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000 rnd@sampo.karelia.ru wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:
> >On Sun, 9 Apr 2000 rnd@sampo.karelia.ru wrote:
>
> Probably this is not proper for seul-edu list, but it serves as
> educational example of quick hacking using Linux and how easy
> it is to make things done thru scripts vs. GUI.
>
> Some idea how to generate GIFs with letters:
> (Linux is real easy, isn't it?)
>
> ------------>( -------
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> for i in A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
> do

Very good script, it happens that I run some sites about
scripting in TeX, see URL below. BTW, I can't compile cwc and
adding Russian is possible, but it'd take me 12 hours or so,
besides I have no koi-r.def , I'd have to install from my TeX-live
CDROMS.

But, as I release the whole project you can hack freely in it.

BTW, my generator is only 400 lines of code.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm

  Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so. -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy