Re: [seul-edu] seulStocks

Hi Jacques,

I like the program.  I don't think there is anything
wrong with the look or feel.  I can't comment on the
program itself, because I am no financial expert and
don't know what people need.

However, on the link to lookup symbols I would suggest
that you open a second window and leave yours open.
This way the information is available on 2 screens and
the user can easily switch between the 2.

Second, you listed the lookup page as the link, but it
actually takes you to the finance site in general.  I
like that it takes you to the finance site in general
too.  However, I  think that a link should take you to
directly to what it describes.  Therefore, I recommend
one link to the symbol lookup, with a blank target, i.e.

	<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/l"
	TARGET="_blank">Lookup Symbol</A>

And another link to the Yahoo Site in General:

	<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/"
	TARGET="_blank">Yahoo Financial Site</A>

Just my ideas.

Bill

Quoting Jacques Fortier <jfortier@seul.org>:

> Hi,
> 	Well, I've got my stock market simulator up and
running and
> stocks.seul.org/stocks.php3 .  Please check it out --
I'd love to hear
> comments/suggestions.  It isn't finished yet, so there
still isn't a way
> to add users automatically, so I made two users --
test (password test)
> and test2 (password test2).  All you need is a cookies
and frame-aware
> browser.
> 	I'd also love to get any help from people with a
knowledge of php
> or who are good with html design (I think it could
look a lot pretty than
> it does).  In particular, I'm having a bit of a
problem with the output
> from the exec function.
>
> Thanks,
> 	Jacques

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>