[seul-edu] Spoken Languages - Language Lab Software

Hi,

The Language teachers are making progress.  They want a
langauge lab.  I guess something that the kids can speak
to and practice speaking and compare to the recording.
The teachers also want DVD for language tapes.

So we will need headphones and mics too.

o Has anybody set one up?
o Are their things to watch out for?
o Is there Linux software?
o Will anything run under wine?
o Are these effective language tools?
o Is it possible to leave these set up so that kids can
use them and do homework assignments, etc.
o How do I keep the DVDs from wandering away if it is
set up all the time?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>