Re: [seul-edu] Win NT w/Linux Server?

Hmm,  I guess I have overlooked that in the docs.  I am
taking a long train ride so I'll do some studying.  If
there is anybody out there who has done it and knows the
gotchas -- I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks.

Bill

Quoting Ramin Miraftabi <ramin@cs.joensuu.fi>:

> * Bill Tihen (bill@mail.tasis.ch) [000420 10:30]:
> > I would like to have a set up where linux/samba
server
> > acts as the file and authentication server for
NT/2000
> > boxes (as well as a file server for Win 98 boxes).
> > have never seen a way to do the NT login
authentication
> > without an NT server.  Any ideas?
>
> I've taken a look at it, and it is possible to make a
Linux box act as
> the PDC for NT boxes. Take a look at the Samba docs.
(I know that it
> is possible but I've never - yet - done it.)
>
> ramin
>
> --
> Ramin Miraftabi                         Student of
Computer Science
> email: ramin@cs.joensuu.fi              University of
Joensuu
> WWW: http://dawn.joensuu.fi/~ramin/     Joensuu,
Finland

>     - GPG public key ID 49C9CFF7 -- (c) Copyright 2000
-

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>