[seul-edu] Question, offer and thanks

First thanks: To all of you who promptly answered my plea for pointer to
prepare a report some weeks ago. All of them were useful, such so that I
was able to plaggiarize quite a bit :) My fellow parents liked what they
read. I called it 'La informatica como recurso educativo' (Computers as
educational resources, in a free translation :). I've put it at
http://www.gssi.es/informatica_y_educacion.html for you to read
(warning: it is in spanish) and, of course, use to your heart content. Any
flames will be directed to /dev/null. It has been conceived as a document
to convince the parents association and the rest of the educational
communitiy in a school that it is important both, to teach our children
how to use computers in everyday life and, that the conventional way of
teaching 'applications' should be changed, at least that's how I see it.
Here it goes Doug, didn't you ask for more 'noise' on the list recently?
:)

Second questions: Michael Hamblin has told a very interesting story about
a Linux distro that can be run inside the evil :) I tried the URL, but got
a 'domain not found error'. Is this the right place to go for phatLinux?
http://www.phatlinux.org/

Last, but not least, the offer: I badly need to borrow some spare time,
but, as that seems quite difficult to get, I have managed to put asside
200 euro from a project budget for someone who wants to get paid writting
free software. The task at hand is not a daunting one: getting PostgreSQL
support for AUC, really, creating an abstraction layer so we can change
the database engine to suit our likings or needs. The author will lend a
hand, up to his current work load, which seems to be a bit high at this
moment, and he has sent me some ideas on how he would like this project to
go.

All that said, good night to all (in my timezone :)

G & S Sistemas de Informacion, S.L.  | Phones:
Victoriano Giralt                    |   Land line: +34-952-207-048
Chief Consultant and Owner           |   Mobile:    +34-670-332-720
Torre de San Telmo, 8                |   Fax:       Use e-mail, looks nicer
E-29018 Malaga (Spain)               | E-mail: vic@gssi.es
Member of ISOC (Andalusian Chapter)  | http://www.gssi.es/