Re: [seul-edu] Question, offer and thanks

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 vic@gssi.es wrote:

> Second questions: Michael Hamblin has told a very interesting story about
> a Linux distro that can be run inside the evil :) I tried the URL, but got
> a 'domain not found error'. Is this the right place to go for phatLinux?
> http://www.phatlinux.org/

Well, I just got it to come up from www.phatlinux.com, but it looks like
their uplink is having some problems. But if you don't need to see the
webpage, you can download a copy (180Mb .zip file) from a mirror:

ftp://ftp.linux.tucows.com/pub/distributions/mini/Phat/PhatLinux32.zip

As I said earlier, it uncompresses out quite large (~700Mb) but it should
even run on straight DOS systems as well as '95. I don't know for sure but
I think it is compiler optimized for 586 instruction set, though in my
experience 586 code will run fine unmodified on 486s (I have a 586
optimized distro running on a 486 as a server with no problems whatsoever).

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/
michaelh@utdallas.edu      http://www.ductape.net/