Re: irc Re: [seul-edu] Occasional re-announcement

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:01:14 -0400
jeremy hunsinger <jhuns@vt.edu> wrote:

jeremy> I actually agree.  I think that irc is underutilized in this area and
jeremy> could posit a line of development in which irc could could tied more
jeremy> directly into development efforts by implementing a shared window.
jeremy> Imagine xtreme programming via an irc shared window, switching back and
jeremy> forth from chat to a dev environment, mmmm the possibilities.

These things are already happenning, for example in Gnome IRC and for sure
in other ones. IRC is also useful to conduct meeting with people at differnent geographic
location, however it is not good at all to transmit the 'gestuel' - informations
transmitted by all your body - you have on a face to face meeting. However the good point
with IRC is that all people fell equal, and even the timid people can express themselves more
easily.

Hilaire

--
OFSET - Organization for Free Software in Education and Teaching
http://www.ofset.org