Re: [seul-edu] Linux computer lab

Nick and I currently have a lab/school running in a setup quite like
what you are trying to build.  We still need to document a lot of what we
have done over the past two-three years.  Here is a basic run down of the
setup:

10.1.0.0/16 address space (With Linux based NAT router)
Switched network setup... Switch 100 to the desktop in the lab
Switched 10 to a hub in each classroom

Three Linux servers (though we the new systems that could be reduced).
JimHenson:
	Primary DNS
	Main Web
	Font services for P90 workstations
	Main NFS file server (RW mode, /home filesystem)
	Email server (with twig as a web interface to email)
	Primary NIS server for passwd and printcaps

FrankOz:
	Secondary DNS
	Web server for MRTG stats
	Readonly NFS file server (virtual CDs/staroffice for P90s)
	Secondary NIS server

DaveGoelz:
	Secondary DNS
	Web server for proxy stats
	Squid web cache with SquidGuard for filtering
	Secondary NIS server
	DHCP server, with static DNS based addressing.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)