Re: [seul-edu] Linux computer lab

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 06:19:23PM -0700, Harry McGregor wrote:
  A Couple of small modifications.

> Three Linux servers (though we the new systems that could be reduced).
> JimHenson:
> 	Primary DNS
> 	Main Web
> 	Font services for P90 workstations
> 	Main NFS file server (RW mode, /home filesystem)
> 	Email server (with twig as a web interface to email)
> 	Primary NIS server for passwd and printcaps
+	Samba PDC for the darker(NT4) halves of the new Compaqs
+	Uptime client ;)
+	Master ntp server for all systems.
+	RSync for master P90 system image.
+	LPRng queue/accounting/filtering server for HP network lasers around the
school.
+	(not yet)SNMP trapd for alerts from the printers.

> FrankOz:
> 	Secondary DNS
> 	Web server for MRTG stats
> 	Readonly NFS file server (virtual CDs/staroffice for P90s)
> 	Secondary NIS server
+	Primary netatalk as above
+	Netatalk for home directory & HP4050N access.
+	Residual squid & samba from previous incarnations.  Will setup
redundacy later.

> DaveGoelz:
> 	Secondary DNS
> 	Web server for proxy stats
> 	Squid web cache with SquidGuard for filtering
> 	Secondary NIS server
> 	DHCP server, with static DNS based addressing.
~	To clarify: Static, MAC address bound IPs.  Centralizes network
configuruation so that minor changes stay trivial as they should be.

  I'm willing to help you out with the details.  Either over email, or on
irc.  kimo_sabe on Dalnet and OpenProjects.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--

PGP signature