Re: [seul-edu] M$ Audits (long) [was Re: MS targeting...]

At 09:12 PM 4/23/2002, Leon wrote:
>On Tuesday 23 April 2002 23:31, Harry McGregor wrote:
> >> Having said that, the last version I used was 5.2 and is still had
> >> problems.  For example, someone takes an inordinate amount of time to

[snip]

>I can tell you some ripper horror stories about this very thing. Secretaries
>who are bright but don't see the big picture. Years of work put into
>templates, and then a a difficult-to-reverse forced upgrade and... oops.

Yes.  In fact, I found the best way to see if something really does eat M$
files, is to use a test document with:

         Multiple Columns, Forms, Breaks (page, column, and section),
Tables, and Styles

All the things I see folks doing for things like projects reports,
newsletters, etc.

Steve

P.S., is this the same Leon of StarOfficeWars?