[seul-edu] Lawyers - presumption of innocence (was: MS targeting schools)

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 18:39, Michael Shigorin wrote:
>> I think I understand what is going on, if the machine is
>> capable of running windows,  then in theory you can run an
>> unlicenced copy of Windoze, so to protect their own money
>> grabbing interests you need a licence for all computers,

> Worse -- it's some sore mind counting all that "lost profit" it
> could have if it were allmighty, and bending market strategies
> (top of the iceberg) along that braindead assumption.

> The same thing is going on with recording cartel -- they're after
> royalties from CD-R/RW disks and drives manufacturers.  Just in
> case someone will burn a film.

I wonder how hard this would be to legally associate with the presumption of
innocence? It would be helpful to get Microsoft's schemes formally declared
illegal and immoral, would it not?

Another legal angle for the musical aspect is: since *we*have*already*paid* (a
per-drive tax) the RIAA for copied music, does this not *totally*legalise*
the writing of RIAA-owned music on a CD burner?

Cheers; Leon