[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: PartiView
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: PartiView
- From: Doug Loss <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:17:42 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:17:45 -0500
- In-reply-to: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAnmoDUTaWM0CEbnmmTn/Fy8KAAAAQAAAAj2GDZjEsYkaaJgu3rfNWPQEAAAAA@acm.org>
- Organization: Bloomsburg University
- References: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAnmoDUTaWM0CEbnmmTn/Fy8KAAAAQAAAAj2GDZjEsYkaaJgu3rfNWPQEAAAAA@acm.org>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130
Darryl Palmer wrote:
I don't know if we decided to ditch PartiView or not. It is going to be
Here I think we definitely shouldn't include the app because it violates
the FHS. I think that's a pragmatic rather than a philosophical reason,
since the FHS is one of the main reasons we have a hope of making our
ISO portable between distros.
opensource but they are waiting for approval from NCSA.
One problem, other than the source not being available, is that the data
files need to be in the same directory as the executable. This will
totally violate FHS.
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.
Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
firstname.lastname@example.org Mark Twain