Re: [seul-edu] ISO evals

Darryl Palmer wrote:
Add xplns to the list.  It is free to distribute but the source is not
available.
I let this lay longer than I intended. We haven't completely decided what is and what isn't acceptable for our ISO. Do we require all packages to be Free/Open Source, do we require all packages to meet Debian standards for inclusion, do we accept packages that are freely distributable even if source isn't available, etc.? I realize that it we go with a laxer standard for inclusion we won't be in lockstep with DebianEdu, but I'd hate to see good, useful educational software that we have permission to distribute be avoided for philosophical reasons without our having examined our reasoning closely enough.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain