[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [seul-edu] [Forwarded Mail] OpenSource-FreeSoftware-GNU/Linuxpresentation for Dummmies?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [seul-edu] [Forwarded Mail] OpenSource-FreeSoftware-GNU/Linuxpresentation for Dummmies?
- From: Tobias Verbeke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:49:53 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 04:45:17 -0400
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Coverage: How about something like Gimp / Povray /
Don't take Povray, take Blender (www.blender.org) instead, it is released under GPL and therefore much more representative of free software (and open source) than Povray whose license contains too many constraints to even be called open source (read their license, section "why isn't Povray open source?").
The main issue is not that it's free as in free beer, but free as in free speech...
Besides, blender is very very nice. You'll find lots of resources, demos, tutorials, etc. on their web pages.