Re: Linux Lab & Server

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Bill Tihen wrote:

> I was hoping to use NIS so that all the login information is kept on my
> central Linux server.  I have heard that NIS+ is not really ready yet on
> Linux.  Any opinions?

NIS+ sucks. Don't use it :) Besides it being a bear and really have no
real relation to NIS Linux support for it is still under development. We
use it at UTD only because we have to on the Sun systems, but we don't
have the Linux clients configured with it at all.

OK, I'll stop now before I get myself in trouble :)

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/
michaelh@utdallas.edu      http://www.ductape.net/