Re: [seul-edu] Now I need advice on my music lab

Marilyn wrote:

> What is esd?  I'm pretty ignorant when I get out of my immediate realm of
> experience.

It's part of the Enlightened Sound Daemon:

http://www.tux.org/~ricdude/EsounD.html

From their website: The Enlightened Sound Daemon mixes several audio streams
for playback by a single audio device. You can also pre-load samples, and
play them back without having to send all the data for the sound. Network
transparency is also built in, so you can play sounds on one machine, and
listen to them on another.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid