Re: [seul-edu] Our presence at trade shows

Harry McGregor wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Doug Loss wrote:
>
> > The problem that we (and probably many other dot orgs) face is that
> > we are essentially a virtual organization.  We have no actual
> > physical or legal existence [...]
>
> This is one thing that we did correctly with OSEF, we are a legal
> buisness, and are on our way to getting 501c3 tax exempt status.
>
> It *might* (need to talk to other board members) possible to bring
> SEUL/edu under the unbrella of OSEF, thus giving SEUL/edu some more "real"
> status.

I'm not sure what that will entail in costs to you and/or benefits to us, but
thanks for the offer.  Let's explore it a bit and see if it's worth pursuing.

> > I'd like to get some discussion on what shows we should attend
> > (worldwide), what kind of presentations we should put on, and how we
> > should make all this happen.
>
> I would be happy to work on this, and turn over a lot of the slide shows,
> etc, that we have used in Tucson, and in Denver.
>
> I would also be interested in working on default presentations for
> SEUL/edu.

That's great, Harry!  Could you contact Pete <pete@seul.org> about putting the
slide shows on the website and possibly trying to integrate them with his?  As
for working on default presentations, I'll keep your offer in the pocket for
now while we figure out what kind of presentations to do, then we'll hack them
out, OK?

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid