Re: [seul-edu] SEUL Application Index

Les Richardson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a very rough first cut of databased SEUL application index using
> perl and MySQL. It is located at:
>
> http://richtech.ca/seul
>
> Any suggestions welcome; just remember I just got most of data converted,
> etc. Pointing out of Data errors would be most useful. I will correct the
> master and then re-import all data.(or fix the filter routine.)

A few observations.  The date field is a number that doesn't obviously
represent a date.  Most people looking at these records won't know how to
interpret it.  The license field evidently cut off entries at a certain
number of characters.  That should probably be extended to cover more text,
or made into a selectable entry from a list of license types (I haven't
thought much about that yet).  Some of the review text didn't come across
clean (that's understandable, since some of it had a bunch of HTML code
embedded).  Also, the edit routine didn't work.  I didn't try the delete,
since I didn't want to actually delete anything.  I noticed that none of the
records that had "Download": entries rather than "Homepage:" entries showed
those entries.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people